If I told you that you could enjoy a decadent chocolate cake without the guilt, would you believe me? If I then told you that it was actually largely made from vegetables would you believe that? I am sure, the answer is no!!! However, let me introduce you to the Magic Bean Cake – magic because the end result is truly magical!!! I took this recipe from mamabake.com but have modified it as the special friend I was making it for had further dietary restrictions. We were both blown away by the results! What is more incredible is the fact that it is so quick and easy to make!!!
Hints & Tips
- I used 1 x 400g Tin Kidney Beans and 1 x 125g Tin Kidney Beans for this recipe.
- You can use Coconut Oil instead of Grapeseed Oil.
- GF, DF, Veg, SF.
- 525 grams Tin Kidney Beans, Rinsed & Drained
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- 5 Eggs
- 70 grams Raw Cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 teaspoons Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 2 Ripe Avocados, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cacao
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and line a 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Process or blend the kidney beans, water, vanilla and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
- Pour into baking tin and bake for 30 minutes. Cake is cooked when inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan. When cold, slice the cake in half, sideways.
- To make the chocolate frosting, process the avocado and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
- Spread half the frosting on the bottom layer of the cake. Place the top half of the cake on top.
- Spread the remaining frosting on the top half of the cake. Enjoy!!!