I found the original recipe in a book called Tagines & Couscous by Ghillie Basan. The main changes I have made is in the quantity of spices I have used. This recipe is used for the Baked Lamb Tagine with Quinces, Figs & Honey.
Hints & Tips
- GF, DF, Veg, V, SF
- 8 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons Course Sea Salt
- 8 Small Red Chillies, Chopped
- 4 teaspoons Cumin Seeds - Crushed or Ground
- 4 teaspoons Sweet Paprika
- Freshly Squeezed Juice of 2 Lemons
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Large Bunch of Coriander, Roughly Chopped
- Large Bunch of Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- Using a grinder or mortar and pestle to pound the garlic, chilli and sea salt to form a paste.
- Add the coriander and parsley leaves and ground further into a paste.
- Beat in the cumin and paprika and bind well with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- It is easier to whizz all ingredients together in an electric blender if you prefer.