I often find that Thai Fish Cakes can have an almost processed spongy texture which I am not fond of. This recipe I found at www.taste.com, I have modified slightly. It is an excellent entree served with Sweet Chilli Sauce!
Hints & Tips
- You can make up the mixture and leave it in the fridge until you are ready to serve. It is best to cook just before serving.
- 500 grams White Fish, Coarsely Chopped
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil for Cooking
- 50 grams Green Beans, Finely Chopped
- 4 Spring Onions, Finely Chopped
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 tablespoon Chilli Flakes
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 1/2 cup Coriander, Chopped
- Sweet Chilli Sauce to Serve
- Process fish until smooth.
- Add in coriander, corn flour, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce, chilli flakes and egg. Process until well combined.
- Add spring onion and green beans and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (can leave for longer and cook later).
- Heat oil in a frying pan to medium heat.
- Create fish cake patties from the mixture approx 1cm think. Cook on a medium heat for about 4 minutes each side.
- Serve warm with sweet chilli sauce.