I find anything that can be cooked in a slow cooker is a winner – Slow Cookers are just so easy as you do a little bit of work upfront early in the day and then just set the dish and forget until it is ready to serve! Here is one simple and easy dish that you can do that with! The original recipe came from an Australian Women’s Weekly Cookbook which has been modified!
Hints & Tips
- I prefer to debone my leg of lamb and then roll it back up again to cook as it is easy to slice. However, you can just as easily use a whole leg of lamb!
- GF, DF, SF
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Rind, Grated
- 12 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 8 tablespoons Fresh Oregano, Finely Chopped
- 8 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, Chopped Coarsely
- 3 kilograms Lamb Leg - Deboned
- 1 kilogram Baby New Potatoes
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- Heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the potatoes until browned.
- Transfer to a 4.5l slow cooker.
- Combine remaining oil, parsley, oregano, garlic, rind and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Rub some of the mixture over the inside of the lamb. Place some sprigs of rosemary and roll up the lamb into a roll, tying at intervals with cooking string to hold in place.
- Rub the rest of the mixture on the outside of the lamb.
- Cook lamb in same heated frying pan until browned all over.
- Place lamb on top of potatoes.
- Add stock and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Once cooked, remove lamb and stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve lamb with potatoes and sauce.